1. Three things on your bucket list –
Be a spectator at the Tour de France (TdF), putting my national allegiance aside and cheering like a crazy person for Cancellara.
Hike the Colorado Trail, and/or Camino de Santiago. The first would require more camping resilience than I currently have; the latter would require more dollars than I currently have. Eventually neither of those things will stop us. Adventure on!
Surf. Despite how simple this should be, it may take the longest to check off.
2. If you could medal at any Olympic sport what would it be? Gymnastics.
I took classes at one of those gyms where they held meets – balance beam, bars, trampoline, foam pit, springy blue floor, etc. I had the normal skill level that an energetic 7/8 year old comes with, but nothing out of the ordinary. In my living room, though? Score: 10 landing, every time.
3. Favorite superhero. Superman? It’s the first one that came to mind. We used to watch Lois & Clark (Pre-Ripley’s Dean Cain + Pre-Desperate Housewives Teri Hatcher days! ) and my Dad is a huge Smallville fan. So, for his sake, we’ll go with the red cape. (J, I’m sparing you here.)
4. Who was your first kiss? Someone I went to elementary and high-school with. Weird. I was 14…I think?
5. Milk chocolate or white chocolate? Dark! Once you go 70% (+) cocoa, you never go back.
6. Biggest pet peeve? Open-mouth chewing/chomping gum. And people who run the yellow lights without letting the Left-hand turn lane on the other side go! Commuter woes.
7. Describe your dream job. …For now? The one I have!
A mix of coaching/counseling, writing, educating, public-speaking and event-planning. No two days are the same, I work with a lot of people one-on-one, I get to write and I work in an amazing office atmosphere. Pretty hard to beat!
In a few years, I will have a running coach certificate, complete yoga teacher training (actually teach? maybe), and conduct research in Sports Nutrition.
8. First thing you’d buy after winning the lottery? Plane tickets. See above. We have some traveling to do! The family is welcome to come along, too.
9. Favorite place to be outdoors. Hiking and/or running on a trail. Being active, climbing thousands of feet – because the view from top is always worth it.
10. Favorite book that was turned into a movie? Harry Potter! Duh.
The Help comes in close second (to all seven HPs). It was very well done, and Emma Stone is adorable.
11. Favorite motivational quote? Do one thing a day that scares you.
And – “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Honest Abe.
Your turn –
Three bucket list items. Favorite Superhero. Favorite quote(s).